Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Time: 4pm ET/3pm CT/2pm MT/1pm PT (8pm UTC)
Ever wonder what it's like to build and test instruments that operate in space? Hear it directly from the "heroes" behind the scenes of a NASA mission!
Please join Goddard Space Flight Center engineers as they discuss their work on the Aquarius/SAC-D satellite. The mission – a collaboration between NASA and CONAE, the Space Agency of Argentina – launched on 10-Jun-11 from the coast of California after being built and tested in the U.S., Argentina and Brazil. The primary scientific aim is to collect data on the salinity of our oceans, revealing information relevant to ocean circulation, the water cycle and climate.
In this Spanish-language webinar you will hear from three seasoned engineers - Amri Hernandez-Pellerano (Power System Electronics Designer), Shannon Rodriguez (Microwave Communications Specialist) and Fernando Pellerano (Instrument System Engineer). This concept-map based event will include tips, examples and links to resources that you can use to better understand the world of NASA and how the Agency works with international partners. Presenters will answer questions submitted by audience members in the last portion of the event.
The presentations will be targeted for high-school to undergraduate-level students, but everyone is welcome!
Instructions to Participate:
1. Register at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/salinidad
2. A few days before the event, registered participants will receive an email with a URL that will allow them to join the seminar. The seminar utilizes WebEx, a cost-free screen-sharing software program. You may be asked to download a small file that will allow you to participate.
3. The day of the seminar (Wednesday, October 17) follow the instructions to join the seminar at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the session.
4. During the webinar you will hear the presenters through the speakers or headphones on your computer.
5. If you want to ask something, write it in the WebEx chat box and hit “Send.” Depending on the number of questions received, one of the presenters will ask your question to the group.
Background: Aquarius SAC-D
Technical Requirements: Internet connection, WebEx